The Owen Pugh truck fleet is available for hire or “price per load” haulage work throughout the North East of England. All our trucks are fitted with monitoring and fleet management equipment. This enables us to ensure our vehicles operate to maximum efficiency and help reduce our carbon footprint. The fleet is based at the Owen Pugh depot, just off the A19 at Dudley, near Cramlington. Broadly, the fleet comprises the following:
- Steel bodied tipper trucks; 8 x 4, 6 x 4 and 4 x 2, with nominal capacities of 18.5, 15.5 and 10 tonnes respectively
- Aluminium bodied tipper trucks; 8 x 4 and 6 x 4, with nominal capacities of 20 and 17 tonnes respectively
- Plant transporters with HIAB cranes; 8 x 4 and 6 x 4, with capacities of 14 and 11 tonnes respectively
- Crane grab truck; 8 x 4, 16 tonne capacity
- Low loaders; 80 tonne gross and 44 tonne gross
- Road sweepers
Our drivers are fully qualified and SAFED trained in the latest safe and fuel efficient driving techniques. All vehicles are inspected, serviced and maintained in the company’s extensive and well equipped fitting shops at Dudley.